WATCH: Breaches of Contracts for Sale: Rapid Decisions, Long-Term Consequences
Wednesday 21 April 2021
9.30am - 10.30am
Join four Wilberforce Property practitioners in two short dialogues about the difficulties that arise on a breach of contract for sale. These technically complex decisions, made under real time pressure, will often face after-the-event scrutiny, and mistakes can have significant consequences:
Tiffany Scott QC and Simon Atkinson will discuss:
- Strategies for fending off specific performance applications
- What happens if insolvency looms?
- What if the contract is impossible to perform?
Joanne Wicks QC and Jonathan Chew will discuss:
- The two different bases for terminating contracts on breach (that you may not have thought about before);
- The difficulties on damages that could arise; and
- Practically, how to minimise the risk of getting it wrong.