International / offshore
WATCH: Jersey Webinar 1: Insolvency, fraud and asset recovery: hard walls and ways around them
Thursday 18 June 2020
11am - 12pm
Online, Zoom Webinar
We are delighted to announce the return of our Jersey talks, the first of two Zoom webinars takes place on 18th June 2020, running from 11am until 12pm.
Please see below for the programme and how to register.
Perspective lost? The modern scope of the rule against reflective loss
Clare Stanley QC and Jamie Holmes
• Does the rule form part of Jersey law at all? Freeman v Ansbacher
• Does it apply to claims by creditors as well as shareholders? Marex in the EWCA and UKSC
• A difference in approach in the trusts context and/or between Jersey and England?
Arbitration claims by and against insolvent companies
Lexa Hilliard QC and Daniel Lewis
- Stays and anti-arbitration injunctions
- Anti-suit injunctions in support of arbitration where one party is insolvent
- Whether to prove or arbitrate?
- Arbitral awards and their admission in insolvency proceedings
Please note this webinar is free to attend
To download a copy of the full programme, please click here.
The Zoom recording of the webinar can be found below.
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org