+44 (0)207 306 email@example.com
Jessica specialises in commercial chancery litigation, with a particular focus on insolvency and commercial disputes. She is an experienced advocate who appears regularly in the High Court, and she advises on and acts in high-value insolvency and commercial proceedings, including those involving cross-border issues and urgent injunctive relief. She frequently acts for both liquidators and respondents in misfeasance claims, often dealing with cases involving asset tracing and allegations of fraud or dishonesty, and has extensive cross-examination experience in this regard.
Recent work includes:
- Successfully obtained an ex parte worldwide freezing order securing assets of c.£2.7million, which was upheld on the return date.
- Acted as sole counsel in a 5-day unfair prejudice £1million claim involving complex share valuation issues.
- Municipality of Mariana v BHP Billiton Plc: Acting for claimants in a £5billion class action arising from the Fundão Dam disaster in Brazil, listed as one of The Lawyer’s Top 20 Cases in 2020.
- Pentera v OMI: Acting as junior counsel for a life assurance company in two connected $20million disputes in the Isle of Man, arising from the sale and operation of investment related life assurance policies and involving issues in respect of secret commissions, breach of fiduciary duty and the application of Russian law.
- IT Protect Ltd  EWHC 2473: Successfully represented a liquidator in a two-day misfeasance trial against a director who had taken no active involvement in the running of the company.
- Carter v OMI: Acting as junior counsel in a $15million dispute in respect of the mis-selling of investment bonds, involving issues in respect of breach of fiduciary duty, conflicts of law and the application of Turkish law.
- Successfully represented a liquidator in a 3-day misfeasance trial against a de facto director involving complex accounting issues.
- Successfully represented a liquidator in a 3-day misfeasance trial involving difficult witness handling.
- Acting for the defendants in an ongoing dispute regarding the construction of an alumina refinery tank for one of the world’s largest aluminium producers.