+44 (0)207 306 email@example.com
Sri specialises in commercial litigation, insolvency, civil fraud and company law. She is recommended as a leading junior for commercial litigation and insolvency in the legal directories, which describe her as “amazing on her feet” and “a very good advocate” who is “great to have on your team and well-liked by clients”.
Sri’s practice focuses on claims concerning wrongdoing by directors and other fiduciaries, as well as shareholder, joint venture and contractual disputes and applications on behalf of officeholders and creditors. She is frequently instructed on complex commercial fraud cases due to her technical expertise in company law and insolvency.
Sri is an experienced trial advocate and has appeared both as sole counsel and with a leader in high value Commercial Court, Chancery Division and arbitral matters. She has succeeded in a number of claims that have required her to undertake extensive cross-examination in respect of allegations of fraud and dishonesty.
Sri was appointed to the Attorney General’s C Panel in March 2019 in recognition of the strength of her advocacy. As a specialist panel member, she acts for the Government in large-scale contractual disputes and insolvency matters.
Recent work includes:
- Acting for a Seychelles company in proceedings in the English Courts seeking to recover control over Bitcoin and other digital assets worth in the region of £4 billion.
- Representing the manager of a Cayman Islands investment fund in a multi-million dollar three-week fraud trial in the Commercial Court against the fund’s former investment advisers.
- Acting in an £80 million dispute arising out of the much publicised liquidation of public sector contractor Carillion.
- Advising minority shareholders in respect of two related unfair prejudice petitions concerning global mining companies.
- Acting for liquidators in a misfeasance/transaction at an undervalue application against a former director in relation to payment of unlawful dividends.
- Advising a creditor in relation to an application to challenge an IVA on the grounds of unfair prejudice and material irregularity.
- Acting for a US-based oil company in an LCIA arbitration of a contractual dispute arising out of a joint venture relating to oil and gas fields in Egypt.
- Acting for the petitioner in the trial of an unfair prejudice petition concerning the fraudulent diversion of a multi-million pound care home business.
- Acting for a company in liquidation in an eight-day trial of a breach of duty claim against its former de facto directors.