Pensions Lectures 2018 #1
Tuesday 5 June 2018
6.30pm - 7.30pm followed by drinks
58VE, 58 Victoria Embankment, London EC4Y 0DS
£70 + VAT | 1.0 CPD
The Edward Nugee Memorial Lectures return this year at a new venue: 58VE on Victoria Embankment. These will be topical pensions law seminars delivered by our barristers, taking place every Tuesday evening in June. Each lecture will be followed by drinks on the top floor (and terrace, if the weather permits) with spectacular views over London and the Thames.
Lecture #1 (5th June):
Duties and liabilities of SIPP providers – presented by Paul Newman QC and Emily Campbell
• Respective jurisdictions of Pensions Ombudsman and FOS
• Joint memorandum
• Consequences of proceeding through either route
• Regulated activities relating to SIPPs
• Liability under financial services legislation/trust law/negligence
• Common examples of abuses of SIPPs
Full programme available for download here.