+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Lemuel joined Chambers in September 2020 upon successful completion of his pupillage. His pupil supervisors were Benjamin Faulkner, Marcia Shekerdemian QC, Andrew Mold QC, Thomas Robinson, James Walmsley, Simon Atkinson and Bobby Friedman.
During his pupillage, Lemuel gained a wide variety of experience across Chambers’ key areas of practice such as trusts, property (including landlord and tenant work), insolvency, company law and commercial disputes. Lemuel has been instructed in his own right, and is developing a broad commercial chancery practice across all of Chambers’ core practice areas.
Prior to joining Chambers, Lemuel worked as a paralegal at Burgess Mee Family Law, a boutique family law firm in London and recognised as one of The Times Best Law Firms 2019, where he assisted with matrimonial finance matters (particularly those involving trusts) and property disputes between co-habitants. Whilst studying for the BPTC, Lemuel volunteered with the University of Law Litigation Programme, advising clients on family disputes, culminating in representing a client at a combined fact-finding and final hearing where Lemuel represented the successful respondent mother.
Recent examples of notable work:
- Acting as junior counsel for the Defendant (led by Clare Stanley QC) in the trial of a claim brought by a liquidator for breach of fiduciary duty, breach of trust, and unlawful means conspiracy with damages claimed in the sum of $3.5 billion.
- Advising on various property matters arising out of the COVID-19 pandemic, including making and defending claims for rental arrears.
- Advising on solicitors’ professional negligence claims arising from the loss of potential claims of negligent misrepresentation during a property sale due to limitation periods.
- Acting as junior counsel (led by Jonathan Hilliard QC) advising a beneficiary of an UHNW multi-jurisdictional trust in overseas proceedings brought by the trustee due to unprecedented geo-political circumstances.
- (As a pupil) assisted Marcia Shekerdemian QC in a mediation over an unfair prejudice petition in a multimillion-pound business.
- (As a pupil) assisted Thomas Robinson in an application for non-party costs.
- (As a pupil) assisted Edward Sawyer in a successful trial seeking the set aside of a self-dealing share transfer by the trustee of a will trust.
Lemuel is happy to be instructed as part of a larger counsel team, or on his own.