Trusts, probate and estates: contentious, International / offshore, Trusts, probate and estates: non-contentious
STEP Cayman Islands Lunchtime Seminar
Friday 15th September 2023
12pm - 2pm, followed by lunch
George Town Yatch Club (upstairs), 612B North South Road, Grand Cayman KY1 1010
CI$35 - STEP Members & Students; CI$50 - Non-Members
We are pleased to invite you to the STEP Cayman Islands Lunchtime Lecture.
The lectures are presented by Wilberforce Chambers, with topics covering-
Trustees and their expenses – a modern approach? with Fenner Moeran KC
– The issue – what are ‘expenses [properly] incurred’?
– The traditional answer – ‘authorised transactions’, and historic categories
– The problem – modern situations outside the historic categories, e.g. borrowing and litigation funding The solution – a purpose-based analysis of the (trans-)action?
What trustees can/should do when beneficiaries fall out with Clare Stanley KC
– Disagreements between beneficiaries
– Disagreements between beneficiaries with the trustee
– Conflicts of interest and how to manage them
– Legal privilege – when can beneficiaries see legal advice taken by the trustee
To sign up for this event please email – email@example.com