+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Francesca has gained a wide experience of Chambers’ key practice areas and is developing a broad commercial chancery practice. Francesca is regularly instructed in her own right in the High Court and County Court, as well as part of a larger counsel team. Francesca has experience in a range of advisory work, litigation and arbitration.
Before joining Wilberforce, Francesca worked as in-house counsel for Darktrace, a leading cyber security company, and its sister company Luminance, an artificial intelligence provider for the legal profession.
Francesca was awarded the most prestigious Lincoln’s Inn Scholarship, the Lord Mansfield Scholarship.
She has been a speaker at recent seminars such as the 2020 Nugee Pensions Lectures, discussing contribution breaks from the trustees’ perspective, and an APL webinar, discussing the impact of the Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020.
Recent notable work includes:
- Successfully resisting an emergency injunction application in the High Court on behalf of a residential landlord and recovering the landlord’s costs.
- Acting as junior counsel to defend a £1.5 billion unlawful means conspiracy claim, led by James Bailey QC.
- Successfully representing clients in a number of small claims trials including contractual and lease disputes. This also involved effectively cross-examining witnesses.
- Advising the trustees of a family trust on the exit avenues available to them, and the ramifications of winding up the trust.
- Acting as junior counsel in an international arbitration concerning a €90 million contract to modernize a power station in Eastern Europe, led by James Bailey QC. This included performing detailed document review and preparing highly technical witness evidence.
- Acting in a domestic arbitration concerning the design and installation of hundreds of biomass boilers on farms across England, led by Julian Greenhill QC.
Francesca accepts instructions in all of Chambers’ main practice areas and is equally comfortable being instructed in her own right or as part of a larger team.