+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Francesca has gained a wide experience of Chambers’ key practice areas, including insolvency, company law, property (including landlord and tenant), pensions, trusts, professional liability and commercial litigation. Francesca has been instructed in her own right, and is developing a broad commercial chancery practice across all of Chambers’ core areas of expertise.
Prior to commencing pupillage, Francesca worked as in-house counsel for Darktrace, a leading cyber security company, and its sister company Luminance, an AI provider for the legal profession.
Francesca is a Lord Mansfield Scholar at Lincoln’s Inn, and recipient of the Hardwick Entrance Award.
Recent examples of notable work include:
- Acting as junior counsel in an international arbitration concerning a €90 million contract to modernize a power station in Eastern Europe, led by James Bailey QC. This included performing detailed document review and preparing highly technical witness evidence.
- Acting in a domestic arbitration concerning the design and installation of hundreds of biomass boilers on farms across England, led by Julian Greenhill QC.
- (As a pupil) assisted Ben Faulkner in obtaining a successful outcome for the defendant freeholder in a trial concerning security for tenure under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.
- (As a pupil) assisted James Bailey QC in an international arbitration concerning the design and construction of a €65 million hydroelectric dam and power plant in Eastern Europe.
- (As a pupil) assisted Julian Greenhill QC in a dispute under the new Electronics Communications Code between a telecommunications company and the freeholder of a prestigious development in Covent Garden.
- (As a pupil) worked on various aspects of pensions law, including challenges to trustees’ exercise of powers, equalisation of benefits, the amendment of scheme rules, and associated professional negligence.
Francesca accepts instructions in all of Chambers’ main practice areas and is equally comfortable being instructed in her own right or as part of a larger team.