+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Rachael has a busy insolvency practice which encompasses all areas of corporate and individual insolvency but with a particular emphasis on complex directors’ misfeasance claims (in which she acts both for Liquidators and for defendant directors).
She is also frequently instructed on company and commercial disputes, in which she has significant experience dealing with allegations of fraud and dishonesty.
Rachael appears regularly in the High Court, both as sole and junior counsel.
Notable ongoing and recent cases include:
- Acting for Joint Liquidators in a £2 million fraudulent trading and misfeasance claim against former directors of a national firm of solicitors who misled clients into investing into a fraudulent scheme;
- Acting for Joint Administrators in misfeasance claims against former directors for their involvement in EBT tax avoidance schemes, worth over £1 million.
- Advising Joint Liquidators on claims against former directors for diverting a significant business opportunity (a development worth £14.5 million).
- Acting for Joint liquidators in a £1million fraudulent trading and misfeasance claim against former directors of the company involved in a complex MTIC scheme.
- Led in a $2.5million arbitration relating to a telecommunications contract dispute.
- Acting in a £2million claim for breach of a Sale and Purchase Agreement involving allegations of fraudulent concealment of key documents during disclosure.