+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Tara is developing a broad commercial chancery practice, spanning Chambers’ main practice areas. She regularly appears as sole counsel in the High Court and County Court, as well as part of a larger team in more substantial cases. Her practice also involves a wide range of advisory work. Tara has worked on both domestic and international disputes, including ICC arbitrations, and she is frequently instructed in complex commercial matters with an international element. Tara recently spent two months on secondment at Ogier’s dispute resolution team in the Cayman Islands, where she worked on a number of commercial, company and insolvency related matters.
Recent examples of notable work include:
- Acting for two defendants in in the recently reported decision of National Bank Trust v Yurov & Ors  EWHC 100 (Comm) concerning a multi-million pound Russian law fraud claim brought by a Russian bank against three of its former directors, led by Tim Penny QC
- Instructed in relation to a claim brought under the Inheritance (Provision for Family of Dependants) Act 1975, led by Fenner Moeran QC
- Acting for the claimant in an ICC arbitration concerning the development of a gas field, led by Alan Gourgey QC and Iain Pester
- Acting as sole counsel in the High Court to discharge an injunction imposed in the context of the administration of an estate
- Acting as sole counsel in the High Court on behalf of the supermarket Tesco to successfully obtain an urgent injunction in connection with possession proceedings
- Advising offshore trustees as to the enforceability of a foreign judgment
- Successfully obtaining default judgment granting a new tenancy of business premises under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Acting as sole counsel in the High Court in an application to remove the executor of an estate
- Advising on the beneficial ownership of residential property arising under a common intention constructive trust
- Advising an estate management company in relation to breach of covenants by the freeholder
- Regular appearances in winding up and bankruptcy proceedings
Tara joined Chambers in 2017 upon successful completion of her pupillage. Her pupil supervisors were Tiffany Scott QC, Jonathan Davey QC, Jonathan Hilliard QC, Marcia Shekerdemian QC, James Bailey QC and Emer Murphy.
Prior to commencing pupillage, Tara spent several months working for a Senior Counsel at a top tier chambers in Hong Kong.
Tara studied Oriental Studies (Chinese) at Oxford University, graduating in 2011 with a first-class degree. She was a Domus scholar and recipient of the Brian Wilson Scholarship for academic excellence, as well as numerous other prizes. Tara went on to obtain a distinction on the GDL and was subsequently graded outstanding on the BPTC.
Tara is a Lord Denning scholar at Lincoln’s Inn and recipient of both the Hardwicke Entrance Award and Buchanan Prize.